Sex is one of the most basic human desires. It fuels our animalistic desire to find a mate and procreate. It is the most intimate thing you can do with another human being. Your bodies are literally connected while both of you enjoy each others company in an act that is incredibly passionate. Sex is typically had to make babies, but in the last 100 years or so, the main purpose of sex has changed completely. Its initial objective is to create life, but now it is the main source of pleasure. Did you know that having sex has an abundance of benefits as well? Yes, it does. I’m sure your face is lighting up right about now. Sex not only feels freaking amazing, but it can also be really good for your health. I cannot stress this enough but make sure you use a condom; this helps prevent unwanted pregnancies and transfer of STDs and STIs. Here is a list of benefits of having sexual intercourse regularly:
- It helps to keep your immune system running successfully. Sexually active people apparently take fewer sick leaves. They have higher levels of what shields your body from germs, viruses and other foreign organisms. A survey shows that people who have sex at least once or twice a week have higher levels of antibodies compared to others who don’t engage in sexual encounters.
- It boosts your libido if you’re longing for better and more exciting sex life, just have creative and inventive sex more often. For women, this increases vaginal lubrication; for men, it helps stimulate the nerve endings on their penis which equates to marvellous pleasurable minutes.
- It helps with a better flow of blood. It reduces the risk of erectile dysfunction for men. Having sex regularly sends blood to the penis more often causing an erection.
- Women’s bladder control is improved. Good sex life is like a workout for your pelvic muscles, when a person has an orgasm it contracts those muscles which in turn strengthens them.
- Sex surely counts as exercise. You know you get all sweaty while having sex, that’s because your body is literally working its butt off to keep up with the thrusting actions and what not. This is basically like exercising to all your muscles; sex increases heart rate exponentially, so it is a cardio workout as well.
- It lowers your risks of heart attack and reduces the risk of prostate cancer, just like masturbation does. A good sex life is good for the heart and the prostate. It also helps keep the estrogen and testosterone levels in balance. Men who ejaculated as frequently as 21-22 times a month are less likely to get prostate cancer. Even if you don’t have a partner, self-pleasure still counts.
- Improves your sleep cycle. You will nod off quicker after sex and for a good reason. After you orgasm, the hormone prolactin is released and is responsible for relaxation and helps you fall asleep faster.
- Reduces stress and keeps you happy. Have you ever seen anyone depressed cause they just had sex? Nope. Not unless they cheated on somebody and they feel terrible about it. Sex keeps your depression at bay and makes you feel satisfied.
Now if you’ve just reached the end of this article, grab your partner show them these benefits and have some protected fun!